These Easy Sonoran Hot Dogs add a little Southwestern flair to your frank with pinto beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and more!
Easy Sonoran Hot Dogs
Hi friends! Is your family a fan of hot dogs? Mine are! My boys frequently heat up a beef frank for a snack or easy dinner. And I love to make chili dogs, it’s a meal I used to love growing up and I’m so thankful my family loves them today. But for game day we decided to up the ante on our favorite Vienna Beef Franks, now available in the Phoenix market, and add a little Southwestern flair with these Sonoran Dogs!
What is a Sonoran Hot Dog? Sonoran dogs originated in southern Arizona and are typically bacon-wrapped franks with pinto beans, onions, tomatoes, and a variety of additional condiments, often including mayonnaise, mustard, and jalapeño salsa. Doesn’t that sound amazing? They can be somewhat complicated and since we like to keep things simple around here, I skipped the bacon and simplified the toppings to give us these Easy Sonoran Hot Dogs!
Ingredients for Sonoran Hot Dogs
Here’s our simplified list!
- Vienna Beef Franks
- Hot dog buns
- Pinto beans
- Pico de Gallo
- Yellow mustard
- Green onions
How to Make Easy Sonoran Hot Dogs
To whip up these delicious dogs, add a layer of mayo to your bun and top with warmed pinto beans. Then add your smokin’ hot Vienna Beef Frank. Top the hot dog with fresh guacamole, pico de gallo, a drizzle of yellow mustard then top it all off with a sprinkle of freshly sliced green onions!
Like I mentioned previously, our favorite frank, Vienna Beef, is now available in Phoenix markets! So if you’re local to the Valley you can find select Vienna Beef products at grocery stores such as Safeway, Albertsons, Smith’s, and Fry’s. Be on the lookout–a quality hot dog makes the meal!
Tools Used to make this Recipe:
- Air Fryer: Honestly I LOVE cooking hot dogs in the air fryer! They come out like they’re hot off the grill with must less fuss.
- Hot Dog Toaster: If you eat a lot of hot dogs, this toaster just might come in handy…and it’s so fun!
- CUTTING BOARD: Having a beautiful cutting board on hand is great for prepping and serving!
For More Hot Dog Recipes, Check Out:
For More Game Day Recipes, Check Out:
Easy Sonoran Hot Dogs Recipe
- 4 Vienna Beef Franks
- 4 Hot dog buns
- 2 cups Pinto beans
- 1 cup Guacamole
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Yellow mustard
- Green onions for garnish
- To whip up these delicious dogs, add a layer of mayo to your bun and top with warmed pinto beans.
- Then add your smokin’ hot Vienna Beef Frank.
- Top the hot dog with fresh guacamole, pico de gallo, a drizzle of yellow mustard then top it all off with a sprinkle of freshly sliced scallions!