Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza – homemade pizza crust topped with spinach, cream cheese, and artichokes.
Here I am, back again… quick, who sings these lyrics?!
( the song is stuck in my head, but I have no clue whose song it is… )
So! Did you like that Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream Cake? It’s crazy-good, right?! I love that stuff!
Wanna know what else I love? PIZZA! Can you relate?
BUT, I only like homemade pizza. For reals. I’m not one to call up a pizza place and order delivery. I did that a lot back in college and have not done it ever since. I make my own. Including the crust!
Lemme tell you about this crust. It’s sooooo easy, you’ll probably want to jump on it as soon as you read the recipe. It will only take 5 minutes of your time to prepare.
And then there’s the toppings!! Oh, the toppings… so, so good. Sautee some spinach here, open up a can of artichokes there, mince some garlic, spread some cream cheese, and…and that’s it! Pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes and have yourselves a partaaaaay!
Now go and make this Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza! Make sure to let me know how you have fallen in love with the best pizza you have ever made. Everrrrr! 😀
- For the Crust
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 package (1/4 oz.) instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Garlic powder
- For the Toppings
- 4-ounces Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichokes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bag (9 oz.) spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour the warm water in a large bowl; whisk in the yeast until completely dissolved.
- Add in the olive oil and flour.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until it all comes together and a ball of dough is formed. You may need to use your hands.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and set in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet or a pizza pan with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick spray.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 3 minutes.
- Spread the pizza dough on the prepared pan, using the palm of your hands and fingers to stretch it out to about a 1-inch thickness. (You can make it as thin or as thick as you want)
- Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the cream cheese on top of the pizza crust.
- Separate the artichoke leaves and spread over the cream cheese; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook until just wilted.
- Mix in the minced garlic and remove from stove.
- Spread the spinach mixture on top of the artichokes.
- Top with cheeses.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
Like this recipe? Check out others by Kate:
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.