Hi friends! Did you all celebrate the Big Game yesterday with family and friends? We did! We love football parties in our house. And this year we had some fabulous food and appetizers, thanks in part to Tyson Honey BBQ Chicken Strips! Now I love a good home-cooked meal just like any other gal, but if you put together parties you know that the food portion of party planning can be tricky! You want a delicate balance of homemade, tasty and easy so that you’re not stressing out over every little detail at the end.
For our party I decided on a menu of some sweet treats, snack mix, drinks and some fabulous BBQ Chicken Pizza! I knew that I could get all I needed and more from our local Walmart, so me and little man set out to shop. While there we picked up everything we needed, including some Tyson’s Honey BBQ Strips!
Now these strips came in so handy! Rather than having to cook the chicken, I just grabbed a ready-made pizza crust, our favorite BBQ sauce and cut up the strips to put on the pizza! Genius, right?
Just top that baby with some diced green onions and fresh mozzarella and you have yourself one FANTASTIC pizza! I have to admit, I think I loved it even more with the Tyson Honey BBQ Chicken, over the grilled chicken we normally have. The flavor was so rich and amazing! Sound good? Well here’s the recipe, just for you!
Honey BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Tyson Honey BBQ Chicken Strips
- Ready-made or homemade pizza dough
- Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Sliced red onions
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh cilantro
- Cook pizza dough according to instructions; I laid my ready-made dough onto a cookie sheet and baked for 8 minutes before preparing the rest of the pizza.
- Spread a layer of BBQ sauce on the pizza dough.
- Cut the Tyson Honey BBQ Chicken Strips into small pieces and arrange on pizza dough.
- Layer sliced red onions over the chicken.
- Cover with mozzarella and bake until the cheese begins to turn golden on peaks and edges.
- Sprinke fresh, chopped cilantro over the pizza, slice and serve!
The Tyson Honey BBQ Chicken Strips really are delicious and a time-saver and I highly recommend giving them a try! As you can tell, the outcome was a crowd-pleaser (even if the game wasn’t)!
What are your tips for party planning? Do you make all of your food and decorations or do you find ways to save on time and energy? I always love to learn more tricks of the trade! Be sure to visit Tyson to learn about more of their fabulous products and how they can save you time and effort, without skimping on the flavor, for your next party!