Hi friends! It’s that time of year again, time to start thinking about the menu for Thanksgiving. Today I’m sharing with you two Thanksgiving staples in our home: a delicious Potato Casserole and yummy Texas Pecan Drops that you too can make this Thanksgiving!
Now these recipes typically call for butter, but did you know that you can substitute butter in recipes for Country Crock spread? Country Crock is a better choice than butter with 0g trans fat per serving, no hydrogenated oils and 70% less saturated fat, 30% fewer calories than butter and no cholesterol! I made the switch with the dishes below, and they turned out fantastic! Here are the recipes, I hope you enjoy!
- 1 bag frozen plain hashbrown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup melted Country Crock spread
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups crushed plain corn flakes
- 1/2 cup melted Country Crock spread
Mix all of the above (minus topping ingredients) in a large bowl.
Spread into a greased casserole dish.
Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
Add melted Country Crock to crushed corn flakes and be sure all flakes are coated.
Spread topping on casserole and bake at 350 for 30 additional minutes.
Texas Pecan Drops
- 1 3/4 cups Country Crock spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and stir in flour.
- Add pecans.
- Drop a heaping tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
Yummy, right? What’s on your menu this Thanksgiving? Do you have recipes that call for butter? If so, you should give Unilever Spreads such as Country Crock a try! It’s an easy way to make those high calorie meals just a little bit better.
Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.