These Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples are a perfect, effortless Thanksgiving side dish or an everyday treat! You’ll love how easy they are to whip up!
Hi friends! We’re coming up QUICK on Thanksgiving, one of my favorite times of the year! And while I love cooking a nice holiday ham and all the fixings I have to be honest, I don’t love slaving away all day in the kitchen. I’m always looking for easy shortcuts that still pack the same flavor punch of our holiday favorites. And that’s just what I’ve done here, with these Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples!
HOLIDAY SHORTCUT: Thanks to one of our readers, Sarah, after you add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the Ziploc, you can pop those apples in the fridge – pre-holiday prep style! Then the day you’re ready to make them, simply pour the apples into the crock pot, top with butter, vanilla and lemon juice and cook as usual. Great shortcut, Sarah!
- Bag (approx. 14 oz) of sliced gala apples or similar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Turn crock pot on to hot setting.
- Add bagged apples and 2 tbsp cornstarch to Ziploc bag and toss until apples are covered.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add sugar-cinnamon mixture to Ziploc bag and toss until apples are covered.
- Transfer apples to crock pot.
- Top apples melted butter, vanilla and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until apples are tender without falling apart.
And in just a couple of hours you have a delicious side of Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples that will complement ANY meal, not just Thanksgiving or Christmas!
What do you think? I think you should give these a try. Looking for more Thanksgiving Sides inspiration? Check out this collection of delicious dishes!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, and Pecan Salad from The Idea Room
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Cups from Play Party Plan
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Squash and Apples from Happiness is Homemade
- Individual Sweet Potato Casserole from Printable Crush
- Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples from A Night Owl Blog
- Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts from Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup from Ashlee Marie
- Maple Sweet Potato Casserole in a Jar from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Caramel Apple Crisp from Two-Twenty-One
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from See Vanessa Craft
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.