These Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples are a perfect, effortless Thanksgiving side dish or an everyday treat! You’ll love how easy they are to whip up!
Hi friends! We’re coming up QUICK on Thanksgiving, one of my favorite times of the year! And while I love cooking a nice holiday ham and all the fixings I have to be honest, I don’t love slaving away all day in the kitchen. I’m always looking for easy shortcuts that still pack the same flavor punch of our holiday favorites. And that’s just what I’ve done here, with these Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples!
HOLIDAY SHORTCUT: Thanks to one of our readers, Sarah, after you add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the Ziploc, you can pop those apples in the fridge – pre-holiday prep style! Then the day you’re ready to make them, simply pour the apples into the crock pot, top with butter, vanilla and lemon juice and cook as usual. Great shortcut, Sarah!
Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples
- Bag approx. 14 oz of sliced gala apples or similar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Turn crock pot on to hot setting.
- Add bagged apples and 2 tbsp cornstarch to Ziploc bag and toss until apples are covered.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add sugar-cinnamon mixture to Ziploc bag and toss until apples are covered.
- Transfer apples to crock pot.
- Top apples melted butter, vanilla and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until apples are tender without falling apart.