This Easy Sweet Potato Casserole has a crunchy and delectable topping that will have you coming back for seconds!
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Hi friends! Today I’m excited to not only bring you an Easy Sweet Potato Casserole recipe, but since it’s also the 12th again, it’s time for 12 Bloggers – 12 Months – 12 Ingredients (or less)! Remember, each month this year on the 12th, 11 of my bloggy friends and I are bringing you a delicious and easy recipe, with a theme! You can follow along here and on our Pinterest Board and the theme this month is 12 Thanksgiving Side Dishes!
Can you BELIEVE that Thanksgiving is right around the corner? Just pure craziness! I’m not at all sure where this year has gone. But I’m ready to reflect on the year and think about all the things we have to be thankful for – how about you? Are you thankful for Thanksgiving dinner? Now that’s some good food! And today I’m sharing a twist on a classic side dish – Easy Sweet Potato Casserole.
Sweet Potato Casserole Ingredients
Now there are NO marshmallows here. Once you get your hands on the sweet, crunchy crust that this casserole has, you’ll NEVER go back to marshmallows.
- canned or mashed sweet potatoes
- brown sugar
- chopped pecans
How to Make Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
Let’s get baking! In a medium bowl, you’re going to combine the first six ingredients: sweet potatoes, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and butter. Transfer the mixture to a buttered 1 1/2 or 2 qt casserole dish. Mix the remaining ingredients listed (brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans) in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture on top of potato mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes and enjoy!
Tools Used to make this Recipe:
- Mixing Bowls: These are my favorite mixing bowls for all sorts of recipes!
- Casserole Dish: This dish fits perfectly in the Instant Pot! It’s a great piece to have in your kitchen for all the Instant Pot casseroles!
For More Thanksgiving Side Dishes, Check Out:
- Roasted Kabocha Squash with Balsamic and Feta from Betsylife
- Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash from Home Cooking Memories
- Balsamic Green Beans with Pancetta from A Little Claireification
- Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan from The Rebel Chick
- Cheesy Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread from†Million Moments
- Garlic Knots from Bless This Mess Please
- Bacon Cranberry Almond Green Beans from Mom Endeavors
- Twice Baked Potatoes from Pink Cake Plate
- Glazed Sweet Potato Fingerlings from See Vanessa Craft
- Herbed Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Pineapple from East Valley Mom Guide
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
For Sweet Potatoes:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
Transfer the mixture to a buttered 1 1/2 or 2 qt casserole dish.
Mix remaining ingredients listed in a small bowl.
Sprinkle mixture on top of potato mixture.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes and enjoy!