These Red Velvet Ooey Gooey Bars are easy but impressive. They’re the perfect holiday treat!
Hello, ANO friends! It’s Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes! I’m back this month with a super easy, festive and delicious treat! I made these little treats for a kiddie Christmas party and they were a hit! Of course, what’s not to love with cake batter bottom, a cheesecake-like top layer adorned with sprinkles?! Exactly!
Although I used Christmas sprinkles, I think this would be perfect for Valentine’s day too – just switch up the sprinkles! You could even use food coloring to turn the cheesecake layer pink! How fun would that be? Or – how about the 4th of July with red, white and blue sprinkles? Heck, make this yummy treat anytime – it really is that perfect! 🙂
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (16 oz.) powdered sugar (or measure 3¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry cake mix, egg and butter until well combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until thoroughly combined. Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Evenly pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake mix layer, spreading and leveling with a spatula. Top with sprinkles.
- Bake 27-35 minutes, or until set but still "gooey" in the middle.
Slightly adapted from Paula Deen
Looking for more yummy holiday treats? Check out these posts:
Have a safe and happy holiday season, y’all! I’ll see you back here in the New Year!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.