This Melted Ice Cream Bundt Cake is perfect for summer potlucks and get-togethers! When you show up with this fun cake, people will want to devour dessert first! It’s an easy to make recipe!
For the past few weeks, my family has been taking turns being sick. Lemme tell you, it is NOT fun. With six of us, I almost wanted to start sending the sick-o’s into quarantine so we would stop spreading germs around. Geesh! Of course, I caught what my family had and for about 3 days I thought my head was going to explode! It was not fun and I am sure I was not the most pleasant person to be around. My gosh, I couldn’t wait for everyone to finally be over whatever mess was going around our house. With everyone being sick, I didn’t do any baking. And, if you know me, you know I bake … it’s my therapy. Part of the not baking was due to lack of motivation from dealing with everyone’s germs (an my own!) and part of it was no one really likes to eat much when they’re sick. At least I don’t. I just want to sleep and be left alone.
This past weekend, the whole family seemed to be feeling better so Brian and I planned a small little shindig for just our little family of six. We decided to grill some burgers and I knew I wanted to get back into the kitchen and bake something! Since the temperatures are sizzling here in Phoenix, I knew I wanted to make my Melted Ice Cream Bundt Cake. Seriously! You use melted ice cream as the liquid in the cake and it is the bomb(dot)com. Personally, I love the fun flavors that Ben & Jerry’s has. My two favorites are Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garcia. For this cake, I used Cherry Garcia – but you can use any flavor you like! You will need 1 pint (or 2 cups) for this recipe!
By the way, if you would like the FREE Summer Banner in the picture below, you can find it here. It’s perfect on the wall behind the food table! 🙂
- 1 box (16.5 oz.) plain white cake mix
- 1 pint (2 cups) melted ice cream, any flavor
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 large marshmallows
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan or use Miracle Pan Release. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted ice cream and eggs with an electric mixer on low for 1 minute. Stop mixer and scrape down sides. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat an additional 2 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 38-42 minutes, or until the edges just start to pull away from the pan. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully place serving platter over the top of the cake pan and invert the cake onto the platter, removing from pan.
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the marshmallows, butter and milk in a saucepan over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the powdered sugar mixture. Add the vanilla. Stir until the frosting is smooth and shiny. Use at once to top the cake. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.