Homemade Beermallows – beer-flavored marshmallows make for tasty treats or extra-yummy s’mores.
I don’t think it’s any secret that s’mores and beer both fall into my top five favorite foods. So what better way to combine the two than to make some beer-infused marshmallows: BEERMALLOWS! EPIPHANY! This genius idea struck after my local brewery came out with a black IPA that they named “Campfire”. So fitting. So these marshmallows have a little IPA flavor to them but I’d encourage you to try your favorite brew – a vanilla porter would be equally as delicious!
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 C cold beer divided
- 1 1/2 C pure cane white sugar
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 Hershey bars melted, for topping
- 1 pkg graham crackers crumbled, for topping
- candy thermometer
- Pour 1/2 C of the beer in the bowl of stand mixer and sprinkle the 3 packets of unflavored gelatin on top. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt and the remaining 1/2 C of beer. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 240F (use a candy thermometer for this). Remove from heat.
- Go back to the gelatin/beer mixture. Turn the mixer on low with the whisk attachment and slowly pour the syrup mixture into the gelatin.
- After it has all been added, turn the mixer on high and beat until the mixture is only slightly warm and very thick (10-15mins)
- Grease a 9x13 pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Dump the gooey mixture in there and spread around as best you can. Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and allow to set for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight)
- Slice marshmallows and roll in powdered sugar and set on waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave and drizzle on top (or just dunk them in) and add graham cracker crumbs.
- Or leave off the topping steps and just use them for s'mores! Yum!