This Strawberry Mason Jar Cake is easy, delicious and perfect for picnics!
For this Strawberry Mason Jar Cake, we whipped up a simple, tasty cake batter and poured it over strawberries in a buttered mason jar. Doesn’t get easier than that! Be sure you follow the directions and let the cakes cool before handling. Baking the mason jars gets them quite hot! I also like to whip up and take along a jar of whipped cream. Add that to the strawberry cakes and you are good to go!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pie plate
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter half pint mason jars and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over hulled and halved strawberries.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium-low; mix in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Once well mixed, spoon sugared strawberries into buttered mason jars.
- Top strawberries with cake batter, filling the mason jar only half full.
- Evenly space mason jars on a baking sheet and bake until the cake is dark golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool on a rack at least 30 minutes before serving. If not serving right away, let the crisps cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
So if you’re if you’re planning a perfect picnic, give our Strawberry Mason Jar cake a try and let me know what you think! And don’t forget, we have a number of great Picnic Recipes for you today! Be sure to hop around and check out all of these great recipes from my #CreativeFoodies friends!
Lighter Broccoli Salad by Mom Endeavors
Caprese Pasta Salad by See Vanessa Craft
Strawberry Mason Jar Cake by A Night Owl Blog
Brussel Sprout And Orzo Picnic Salad by Spaceships & Laserbeams
Cheese And Sausage Kolache by Ashlee Marie
Antipasto Skewers by Two Twenty One
Cheesecake In A Jar by Happiness is Homemade
Orange Fruit Dip by Play Party Plan
Apple Pecan Coleslaw by Strawberry Mommycakes
Italian Sandwiches by The Idea Room
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.