This Strawberry Mason Jar Cake is easy, delicious and perfect for picnics!
For this Strawberry Mason Jar Cake, we whipped up a simple, tasty cake batter and poured it over strawberries in a buttered mason jar. Doesn’t get easier than that! Be sure you follow the directions and let the cakes cool before handling. Baking the mason jars gets them quite hot! I also like to whip up and take along a jar of whipped cream. Add that to the strawberry cakes and you are good to go!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pie plate
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter half pint mason jars and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over hulled and halved strawberries.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium-low; mix in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Once well mixed, spoon sugared strawberries into buttered mason jars.
- Top strawberries with cake batter, filling the mason jar only half full.
- Evenly space mason jars on a baking sheet and bake until the cake is dark golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool on a rack at least 30 minutes before serving. If not serving right away, let the crisps cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
So if you’re if you’re planning a perfect picnic, give our Strawberry Mason Jar cake a try and let me know what you think! And don’t forget, we have a number of great Picnic Recipes for you today! Be sure to hop around and check out all of these great recipes from my #CreativeFoodies friends!
Lighter Broccoli Salad by Mom Endeavors
Caprese Pasta Salad by See Vanessa Craft
Strawberry Mason Jar Cake by A Night Owl Blog
Brussel Sprout And Orzo Picnic Salad by Spaceships & Laserbeams
Cheese And Sausage Kolache by Ashlee Marie
Antipasto Skewers by Two Twenty One
Cheesecake In A Jar by Happiness is Homemade
Orange Fruit Dip by Play Party Plan
Apple Pecan Coleslaw by Strawberry Mommycakes
Italian Sandwiches by The Idea Room