Hi friends! Making plans for Valentine’s Day? What’s better than a sweet treat to make the day even more special! For our Valentine’s Party with World Market we made this gorgeous and Easy Naked Red Velvet Cake as the feature piece of our Valentines Dessert Bar!
This cake was literally a piece of cake to make because we started with a quality cake mix from World Market! I’m not always a fan of cake mixes just as is, but Mam Papaul’s Red Velvet Cake is rich, moist and delicious! We simply mixed up according to directions and baked in three 8inch round pans.
And while you can make the buttercream frosting that comes with the mix, we chose to make a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting to go with! I just LOVE the combination of red velvet and cream cheese. Then simply layer baked and cooled round cakes with cream cheese frosting and top with strawberries or your topping of choice!
Easy Naked Red Velvet Cake
- Mam Papaul's Red Velvet Cake
- 2 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 32 0 z package powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Package whole strawberries
For the cake:
- Mix batter according to the instructions on the back of the cake box.
- Pour batter into three 8" round cake pans and bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pans and let cool.
For the frosting:
- beat cream cheese and sugar until blended.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Stack first round cake on cardboard cake round or cake plate.
- Spread 1/3 of cream cheese frosting on top, and stack second round cake on top.
- Spread 1/3 of cream cheese frosting on top, and stack final round cake on top.
- Spread 1/3 of cream cheese frosting on top, and top cake with strawberries or other topping of choice.
And the result is one GORGEOUS and Easy Naked Red Velvet Cake!
What do you think? Perfect for your Valentine’s festivities! And it’s not only delicious but it’s easy to make! If you’re ready to try your hand at this Easy Naked Red Velvet Cake, head down to World Market today and pick up your Mam Paul’s mix and get to baking!
If you like this post, you might like…