So I love a good donut recipe. I’m a big fan of donuts. But I have a weird family who isn’t all crazy about sugar covered ooey gooey donuts. In fact, my husband’s favorite donut is a basic cake donut. So when I set out to find a new donut recipe that we all could enjoy, I gave these Baked Cake Donuts a try!
Baked Cake Donuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup super fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg together until creamy and light-colored.
- Add oil, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Slowly add flour mixture into egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased donut maker or donut pan.
- If using a donut pan, bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon and 1/2 cup super fine sugar.
- Once donuts are fully baked, remove from maker or pan, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
And there you have it, Baked Cake Donuts right from the comfort of your own home. Now remember there are 12 Donut Recipes! So be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these amazing ladies!
- Chocolate Dipped Cream Filled Doughnuts From Big Bears Wife
- Dark chocolate cookie butter donuts from Betsy Life
- Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake Doughnuts from Home CookingM emories
- Pina Colada Donut from Cooking on the Front Burner
- Vanilla Cake Donuts with Strawberry Glaze from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Easy Funfetti Donuts from A Million Moments
- Bacon Donuts with Maple Cinnamon Cream from Bread Booze Bacon
- Baked Cake Donuts from A Night Owl Blog
- Mini Chocolate Cake Donuts with Zebra Glaze from Pink Cake Plate
- Princess Cake Donuts from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Paleo Coconut Donuts with Chocolate Glaze from See Vanessa Craft
- Chocolate Donuts with Cherry Glaze from Around My Family Table
Now there are a whole lot of FANTASTIC donut recipes, right? Be sure to let me know if you make our Baked Cake Donuts – and tell us what you think! And be sure to check back next month on the 12th for our next theme and collection of recipes!