Hi friends! Today I’m excited to not only bring you one cute and tasty Sweetheart Popcorn recipe, but since it’s the 12th again, it’s time for 12 Bloggers – 12 Months – 12 Ingredients (or less)! Remember, each month this year on the 12th, 11 of my bloggy friends and I will bring you a delicious and easy recipe, with a theme! You can follow along here and on our Pinterest Board! Last month it was 12 Quick and Easy Healthy Meals – the theme this month is 12 Sweet Valentine Treats. Now remember – these are EASY recipes – so you can whip up these babies in PLENTY of time for Friday festivities!
As I said before, my contribution this month is an ADORABLE and easy Sweetheart Popcorn recipe! We do a LOT of movies in our house. Do you? I mean, we have our share of play and reading and learning – but for us there is nothing better than bonding over a movie and a tub of popcorn. So I thought this year for Valentines (yes, we will likely stay in and snuggle with our boys), why not make a sweet popcorn treat for the occasion?! My boys have been snacking on our bowls of conversation hearts, so naturally I thought I’d incorporate those. And when I did, oh boy! The end result was a popcorn recipe to die for! Seriously yummy, take a look – print it out – or pin for later!
- 1 bag kettle corn
- 1 cup candy melts various colors
- 1 cup conversation hearts
Pop kettle corn according to directions on the bag.
Lay out kettle corn on a large platter.
Heat candy melts (I used 1/2 cup yellow, 1/2 cup pink) in the microwave until melted.
Drizzle candy melts over kettle corn.
Crush 1/2 cup of conversation hearts and sprinkle over kettle corn.
Sprinkle remaining full conversation hearts over kettle corn.
Allow candy melts to harden, then serve Sweetheart Popcorn and enjoy!
And the result of that super easy recipe – DELICIOUS Sweetheart Popcorn!
So that’s my contribution this month, but remember there are 12 total Sweet Valentine Treats! So be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these amazing ladies!
12 Sweet Valentine Treats
- Easy Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Hearts from Choosing Love
- Sweetheart Popcorn from A Night Owl
- Queen of Hearts Chex Mix from Bless This Mess
- Valentine’s Jello Popcorn Balls from Mom Endeavors
- Valentine’s Chocolate Chip Cookies from Around My Family Table
- Heart Shaped Pretzels from Betsy Life
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Strawberry Maple Syrup from Eat Your Heart Out
- Heart Shaped Strawberry Shortcake from See Vanessa Craft
- Mini Heart-Shaped Monkey Bread from Home Cooking Memories
- Raspberry Cream Tart from A Little Claireification
- Rice Crispy Hearts from The Rebel Chick
- Nutella Filled Conversation Hearts from Million Moments
Now there are a whole lot of easy and adorable Valentine treats! Be sure to let me know if you make our Sweetheart Popcorn – and tell us what you think! And be sure to check back next month on the 12th for our next theme and collection of recipes!