Christmas Brownie Trifle – all the flavors of the holidays in one easy to assemble and delicious dessert!
Trifles are fantastic desserts for the holidays. Their size makes them great for holiday parties and get-togethers. Also, they are super easy to make. If you have surprise guests you can probably put one together on the spot and it will be ready to enjoy in no time at all. Trifles are kind of like decadent dessert smorgasborgs and you can use whatever ingedients you have laying around.
My Christmas brownie trifle takes a little more time because it includes homemade peppermint whipped cream but all of the other ingredients can easily be whipped together or bought at the store.
Layer the trifle components – if you have any super solid layers (like cookies or graham crackers) you will want to make sure that you load a wet layer on top. In this Christmas brownie trifle, I layer gingerbread cookies on top of whipped cream and cover them with chocolate pudding. Sounds good right?
Top all of that with whipped cream and your garnish, like crushed up candy canes, and serve it along side a large spoon and small plates. You are going to have the happiest guests, ever.
- 1 batch of brownies (like these caramel nutella brownies), broken into big chunks
- peppermint whipped cream
- gingerbread cookies
- 2 cups chocolate pudding
- crushed candy canes
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 dashes peppermint extract
- In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk together until stiff peaks form.
- Add the peppermint extract and whisk in to the whipped cream until combined.
- Layer in this order: ½ the brownies, ½ the whipped cream, gingerbread cookies laid flat, 1 cup chocolate pudding, gingerbread cookies laid flat, the remaining pudding, the remaining brownies, the remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for more fun desserts? Try these!
Like it? Pin it!