I am always looking for easy, delicious recipes to feed my hungry kiddos in the mornings. Our usual favorites include pancakes, overnight French Toast casserole, and my newest obsession: baked eggs. We’ve been enjoying loads of berries this summer and these Jumbo Blueberry Muffins are chock full of berry goodness.
This is somewhat of a “small batch” recipe because it only makes 9 muffins – but they are generous in size. I prefer big, puffy muffins over the ones with flat tops. If you need to get a full dozen just use a little less batter in each muffin cup to stretch it for twelve. My kids love them topped with sugar (of course!) for a little sweet crunch.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Combine vegetable oil, egg, and milk and mix into flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost completely to the top.
- Top with additional ½ cup sugar just before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
If you’re looking for more berry recipes, try my Mixed Berry Galette and super easy Mixed Berry Fruit Leather.
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.