I am always looking for easy, delicious recipes to feed my hungry kiddos in the mornings. Our usual favorites include pancakes, overnight French Toast casserole, and my newest obsession: baked eggs. We’ve been enjoying loads of berries this summer and these Jumbo Blueberry Muffins are chock full of berry goodness.
This is somewhat of a “small batch” recipe because it only makes 9 muffins – but they are generous in size. I prefer big, puffy muffins over the ones with flat tops. If you need to get a full dozen just use a little less batter in each muffin cup to stretch it for twelve. My kids love them topped with sugar (of course!) for a little sweet crunch.
Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Combine vegetable oil, egg, and milk and mix into flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost completely to the top.
- Top with additional 1/2 cup sugar just before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Fill any empty baking cups with 1-2 tbsp water (without a liner) for even baking.