Easy Enchilada Casserole

Easy Enchilada Casserole | #enchilada #casserole #recipes

Hi friends! Today we’re sharing an EASY but delicious Enchilada Casserole! Seeing how we live in Arizona, we’re big fans of Mexican food. In fact, I could really eat it every single day. Is that cray? Nah…it’s just that good! Now I love me a good taco, and Nacho Night is a popular meal in our house (and easy too!). Mexican cuisine even makes it’s way into our soups – Santa Fe Soup and Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup are perfect for Fall and Winter nights. But this baby, this enchilada casserole recipe is my gem. Not only does my family love it, it’s also my go-to party recipe; a few ingredients can feed a lot of folks without a lot of work! Sound too good to be true? It’s not! Give it a try, and though it may not look pretty, it’s pretty tasty!

4.7 from 19 reviews
Easy Enchilada Casserole

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Love enchiladas but don’t have the time to prepare? Pull this casserole together in minutes with the same great taste!
Author:
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Mexican
Serves: 8
Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 dozen corn tortillas
  • 1 can chopped olives
  • 1 10oz can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 10oz can cream of mushroom soup
  • ½ chopped onion
  • 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 can diced green chilies
  • 1 10oz can red enchilada sauce
  • Optional garnish: sour cream, guacamole and salsa
Instructions
  1. Cook the ground beef until well done.
  2. Mix together soup, enchilada sauce, olives, onion, and chilies.
  3. Add ground beef and cheese.
  4. Cut corn tortillas into strips or sections and add in to the mix.
  5. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 45-60 minutes at 350.
  6. Garnish with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa (optional).
Easy Enchilada Casserole | #enchilada #casserole #recipes

And just like that you’re done and you have a delicious meal that is sure to please! Do you have a go-to recipe like this Easy Enchilada Casserole that is so easy but is a crowd-pleaser?

anightowlsignature-2

Like this recipe?

Then you’ll love our Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup!

This Chicken Enchilada Soup is so tasty and a great, easy alternative to all the work that goes into traditional enchiladas!

And our Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole!

Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole | #enchilada #casserole #recipes #RecipeMakers

And lastly, our Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup!

Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup | #chicken #tortilla #soup #recipes #cookclassico

Pin for later!

Easy Enchilada Casserole | anightowlblog.com

Kimberly Sneed
Hi, I'm Kimberly! A working mom, wife to my best friend and mother to three adorable boys. By day I work in social media and by night I attempt to make our house a home. I enjoy all things creative and love to share my adventures with you!
Kimberly Sneed

Comments

1. says

That sounds deeeelicious!!
    [email protected] recently posted..2-Ingredient Nutella BrowniesMy Profile

2. Alexa says

Hi I have a couple of questions
    1.) What size can of enchilada sauce did you use?
    2.) I would love to double bake this, would this recipe freeze well?
    3.) If so how would you recommend I warm it up ?

• says

Hi Alexa! I used a 10oz can of sauce. I’ll update that in the recipe, thanks! I’m not sure how this recipe would freeze, but if you’re used to freezing and reheating casseroles, I can’t imagine that it would be too different. We typically finish it off in a couple of days just heated up in the microwave. PS – it’s also a great brunch meal if you throw an egg on top! I hope that helps!

3. Alexa says

great thanks ill make 2 batches and freeze one, I’ll let you know if its successful! (we’re prepping for when we have our baby frozen home made meals are a life savor) looks super yummy

4. MK Audd says

You can substitute cooked chicken breasts for the ground beef. I use leftovers from a rotissere (sp?) chicken

• says

Haha! I know what you mean. Casseroles are not always the best “looking” but so glad you think it tastes great! So happy your family loves it – mine does too!

5. Stephanie says

Mine is in the oven right now, it looks and smells amazing. I just noticed you serve it as a party dish and not a dinner dish. Oh well…good thing I worked out today 😛

• says

Oh Stephanie – I serve it as both! My husband specifically asks for it sometimes, and it’s an easy weeknight dinner meal. But I do also make it for parties because it’s easy to make large portions of it and it’s always a crowd-pleaser! I hope you enjoy!

6. Amanda says

We made this tonite but with the heat I didn’t want to use the oven. It turned out great as a skillet right on the stovetop! I plan on making this again!! Thanks!

7. Laura says

Kimberly: Do you use the red or the green enchilada sauce? Maybe red for ground beef and green for chicken?

8. Tori says

Hi Kimberly! I was wondering if you could clarify something. If I use ground beef, do I only use the cream of mushroom? And if I use chicken do I only use the cream of chicken? Also, will the red enchilada sauce also work with beef?? Thanks! Looking to make this soon :)

9. Dana W. says

Recipe looks easy and I love things that use a minimum amount of pots and dishes. I love enchiladas but am too lazy to do the fry-and-roll up stage. I like the addition of the olive and will probably try to sneak in some veggies like corn and black beans.

10. Adam Zanetis says

Hello there. How many inches in diameter should the tortillas be? I’m actually baking this dish right now, and I thought I had way too much tortilla going on… So, I only used about half.

11. Barbara says

Hi, just wondering why the links on the right of the front page of your blog don’t come up with recipes….just ads? I was a bit disappointed. I know you probably want to make money off this blog…..but I wouldn’t put links up for recipes to lure people into looking at ads they don’t want to see. The front page is great with the recipes….you just need to follow through with the rest of it. :-)

• says

Hi Barbara! Thanks for stopping by and your comment; you certainly can get to recipes from the ad links that is the intent, not just to lure you away. All money earned from this blog goes into supporting the cost and maintenance of the blog, otherwise I could not afford to maintain it! I certainly try to keep a good level of ads to self-developed content and hopefully you agree. Have a great day!

12. Linda says

This is a great recipe I have been making it for years in a preheated crockpot and frying the tortillas then layering it all and cooks for about an hour to an hour and a half depending on how hot your crockpot gets. My family loves it and I dont have to heat up the kitchen using the oven.

13. Emelye Cunningham says

Thanks Kim!! I just put this is on the menu for the week. :-) I hope you and your adorable crew are well and enjoying at least a little Fall weather!! Love you girl, Em

• says

Hi Tyanne – I’m sure you could! If olives aren’t your thing you can definitely leave them out. And corn would add a fun southwestern flair! Let me know if you try it and what you think!

14. Parker says

just put this in the oven… Only problem I seemed to have so far is there was no clarity on size of tortilla! I purchased the 10 inch and I only used half and it seems like too much! But I’m excited to try it!

Trackbacks

1. […] To see the appliances in action, check out GE: Kitchen Reimaged! Now that you have the GE Appliances you need, let’s talk about those easy meals! I love 30-minute meals, I feel like most of the recipes we share here on A Night Owl fit in that category. Some of my favorites are our Easy Enchilada Casserole: […]