Hi friends! I am so excited to share a fun, new recipe with you today: Loaded Baked Potato Casserole with Kraft Fresh Take! Kraft Fresh Take is a meal kit that provides you with a fresh take on any meal. The cheese and breadcrumb mix gives you flavorful, crisp and cheesy dishes with easy preparation! So when I was tasked to come up with a tasty side with Kraft Fresh Take – I immediately thought of a yummy loaded baked potato! But baked potatoes (depending on how you cook them) can take some time to prep, and I’m usually a quick 30-minute meal kind of gal. So I came up with this idea to mix loaded baked potato ingredients with some mashed potatoes, top with Kraft Fresh Take, and make it a casserole side dish!
Once I had this idea in mind, I headed down to my local Walmart to pick up the groceries, including Kraft Fresh Take. You can find Kraft Fresh Take varieties in the refrigerated cheese section of your local Walmart.
Once I had groceries in hand, I headed home to whip up the Loaded Baked Potato Casserole as a side to our rotisserie chicken for dinner! Here’s the recipe I came up with.
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- 2 cups mashed potatoes fresh or instant
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 2 oz real bacon bits
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 6 oz package Kraft Fresh Take Cheddar Jack & Bacon Mix
- Sour cream opt
- Chives opt
- Mix 1 tbsp cream cheese into mashed potatoes.
- Stir in steamed broccoli and bacon bits.
- Spread mashed potato mixture into a casserole dish.
- Open Kraft Fresh Take package to mix cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cover mashed potatoes with Kraft Fresh Take mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven, dish out portions and serve with sour cream and chives (optional).
The end result was amazing. I’m serious. Because I don’t have a lot of time during the week outside of work and other activities, I don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen. So when I make something that my husband really likes, he says so. Over and over. And this weekend he raved about this dish, and specifically about the Kraft Fresh Take topping. So I’ve started thinking of how I can incorporate more Kraft Fresh Take into our meals! It’s really a quick and easy (and inexpensive!) way to kick your meals up a notch.