The movie sounds like a dream, rich with global and Indian culture. And while we were shopping the isles of World Market’s International and Indian food, not only did we pick up gorgeous kitchenware that is made in India, but also flavors that would bring our Homemade Mango Coconut Ice Cream to life! We sweetened ripened mangos with Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, that let me tell you, is truly delicious! I think this sweet treat will make it into much more of my baking going forward. We let the mangos and sugar set overnight to create an easy sugar syrup. Then in the morning we added coconut milk, half and half, delicious Nielsen-Massey Vanilla, coconut flakes and lime juice
Homemade Mango Coconut Ice Cream
- 2 fresh ripe mangos
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Peel and cube two mangos and place in an airtight container. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup sugar, cover and let set in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a blender, blend mangos in sugar syrup (that naturally forms overnight), coconut milk, half and half, lime juice and coconut flakes until very smooth. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add cold mixture into ice cream machine for about 20 minutes or until you have the texture of soft serve. If you prefer a harder ice cream, place into an airtight container and let harden overnight.
- When serving, we recommend topping the ice cream with toasted coconut! Just a few minutes under a broiler and you will have toasted coconut flakes that will round out your ice cream experience.
- Trip for 2 to India (6-day trip includes airfare, accommodations and excursions)
- FREE movies for a year
- $1,000 World Market gift card
So enter to win today! And head down to your local World Market to get everything you need to try our easy and global-inspired Homemade Mango Coconut Ice Cream. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!