These delicious Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Meatballs are perfect for game day or your next party and are made in the convenience of your pressure cooker!
Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Meatballs
Hi friends! I feel like it’s just appetizer season all around, isn’t it? Between New Year’s Appetizer Parties and Game Day Foods for “The Big Game” coming up, we’ve been cooking up a ton of tasty treats perfect for a party spread. I love breaking out the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker for these types of recipe because let’s be honest, it cuts out so much of the cooking time, leaves the stove and oven open for making other things AND I don’t know about you, but I love using the Instant Pot because it’s SO easy to clean up! Everything in one pot that you can take out and clean afterwards. It doesn’t get better than that. So let’s get to the recipe…Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Meatballs.
Does that sound crazy? We’ve been cooking with canned sodas for forever! There’s something about them that adds both flavor and tenderizes the meat at the same time, leaving you with delicious tasting food. And I find Dr. Pepper pairs perfectly with BBQ, which is basically the flavor profile of this dish. Let’s get down to the nitty gritty…
Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Meatball ingredients
- Dr. Pepper
- Tomato paste
- White vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Corn starch
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Ready made meatballs
- Liquid Smoke optional
- Red pepper flakes optional
How to Make Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Meatballs
Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and pour into your Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and bring to a simmer, whisking often. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove the sauce from the Instant Pot and set to the side. Clean and dry the Instant Pot insert.
Next, pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot. Place the steamer rack inside your Instant Pot and fill it with the meatballs. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Let the steam release naturally, then drain your meatballs and set aside. Discard water from your Instant Pot and pour in the Dr. Pepper add your meatballs and stir thoroughly. Press sauté and cook for 2 minutes, then serve hot.
And there you have it, some delicious and tender Dr. Pepper Meatballs that are sure to be a crowd favorite! Tell us if you whip up a batch and how you like them!
Our Favorite Instant Pot Tools & Accessories
- INSTANT POT: The one appliance I can’t live without! We cook so many weeknight meals in it and it’s great for cooking meat!
- INSTANT POT STEAMER BASKET: This is a great addition to your Instant Pot accessories! Perfect for cooking potatoes, steaming vegetables and more!
- INSTANT POT TRIVET: This should come with your Instant Pot, but if you misplaced yours grab another because it’s perfect for this recipe.
- INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES SET: This set has all the Instant Pot accessories you may ever need!
For More Meatball Recipes, Check Out:
For More Instant Pot Appetizers, Be Sure to Check Out:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Instant Pot Cocktail Wieners
- Instant Pot Jalapeño BBQ Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Meatballs Recipe
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. White vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Corn starch
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 3 lbs. Ready made meatballs
- 1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke optional
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes optional
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk, pour into your Instant Pot.
Turn the Instant Pot to sauté high and bring to a simmer, whisking often.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the Instant Pot and set to the side.
Clean and dry the Instant Pot insert.
- Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot.
- Place the steamer rack inside your Instant Pot and fill it with the meatballs.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally, then drain your meatballs and set aside.
Discard water from your Instant Pot and pour Dr. Pepper sauce
Press Sauté, add your meatballs and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then serve hot.