Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
These Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs are the perfect blend of sweet, spicy and smoky and are sure to be your new favorite appetizer!
Hi friends! The big game is right around the corner and maybe you’re like me – prepping the perfect game day menu! And there’s nothing better for a good game day spread than all the appetizers. And today we’re sharing a delicious, easy and quick appetizer for your game day soiree with our favorite meatballs ever – Cooked Perfect® Meatballs!
Cooked Perfect Meatballs are crafted using select meats, real cheeses, and savory herbs then flame broiled to sear in the flavor. And flavorful they are! They’re the only brand we buy. And I love how easy they are to cook with, that way you won’t be stuck in the kitchen while your family watches the game! Cooked Perfect Meatballs are available in your grocer’s freezer aisle and come in a variety of flavors: Italian Style, Homestyle and even Chicken!
For our Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs, a perfect appetizer for game day, start by adding a 16oz package of Cooked Perfect Italian Style Meatballs to your Instant Pot. In a medium sized bowl, add your chili sauce, grape jelly, water and spices and stir to combine. Pour that mixture over the meatballs and set the Instant Pot to Manual (high pressure) for 10 minutes. Note that it will take approximately 15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure before it starts counting down.
Once the 10 minutes are up and your Instant Pot beeps, you can either do a quick release or natural release. If you do a quick release, keep the meatballs in the Instant Pot to warm for 10 minutes or more and the sauce will thicken. When you’re ready to serve, plate them up and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and appetizer picks.
And now, in less than 30 minutes, you are game day ready with Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs your fans are sure to love!
- 16 oz Cooked Perfect Meatballs
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 12 ounces grape jelly
- ½ cup water
- ½ tablespoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnish: chopped green onions (opt)
- Add 16 oz Cooked Perfect Meatballs to your Instant Pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine chili sauce, grape jelly, water and spices; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over Cooked Perfect Meatballs and stir to cover.
- Add your lid to the Instant Pot and set to Manual for 10 minutes.
- Quick or Natural Release can be used; if using QR, let meatballs sit on warm until ready to serve and sauce will thicken.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.