Hi friends! So if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen these letters on my messy craft table a couple of weeks ago. Well now you finally get to see what I’ve done with them – I made them into a Joy to the World DIY Wall Hanging! This DIY is so very easy, here are the steps…
What you’ll need:
- Large “JOY” letters
- Vintage map scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge
- Hot glue gun/glue
- Burlap ribbon
And the steps:
- I traced the “JOY” letters onto the map scrapbook paper and cut the letters out.
- I used Mod Podge to apply the scrapbook paper to the front of the letters.
- Once dry, I glued the letters to a length of burlap ribbon, and glued a burlap bow to the top.
- Lastly, I glued a loop of twine to the top of the burlap ribbon, behind the bow, to hang by, and you’re done!
And here’s how it turned out…
What do you think? I love how it turned out. We have it hanging by our front entrance, just before the stairs. It’s a fun area to decorate with wall hangings such as this, though this is the first time I’ve made one! And, we’re almost done! Can you believe it – Christmas in less than a week?