Did I mention how easy these are? Dressing up the humble rice krispie treat is almost as easy as making a regular batch. Today we’re using chopped grasshopper cookies, which happen to be eerily similar to Thin Mints, but are available on the grocery shelf year round. This recipe combines cereal and cookies that get mixed into the melted marshmallows, then this mixture is pressed into the pan. You could allow them to cool and totally leave them as they are with nothing extra. But I wanted to go a little more deluxe, so I cut them into triangles and dipped one side into melted semi-sweet chocolate and then into grasshopper cookie crumbs. Are you with me? You need the cookie crumbs, they make this treat complete!! Regardless of how you cut them or dip them, they are downright delicious any time of year…seriously, put these ingredients on your grocery list and make them for your next get together. You won’t be sorry…
- 10 oz. bag Marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 18 Grasshopper Cookies, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Shortening
- 10 Grasshopper Cookies, finely chopped
- Line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper or foil (lightly grease if using foil).
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows until smooth.
- Meanwhile stir together cereal and coarsely chopped cookies in a bowl. Add to melted marshmallows and stir quickly. Press into prepared pan and allow to cool.
- Remove from pan using edges of parchment or foil. Cut into 9 squares and then cut each square on a diagonal making a triangle.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in microwave for 20 second increments. Stir each time, mine took 60 seconds before they were melted and smooth after stirring.
- Dip one side of the triangle shaped treat into the melted chocolate. Immediately dip in finely chopped cookies and set on parchment or waxed paper until set.
- Store in a covered container or large zip top baggie.
For the Rice Krispie Treat lover in you….
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.