Hi there! *waving*
Did you enjoy those Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls?
I hope so!
So, there’s this thing about me that you should know. I love to fry stuff. Especially desserts. Like this Banana Cheesecake Chimichanga recipe. It’s just something about that soft and crunchy texture. It always gets the best of me. Have you seen my Ice Cream Chimichangas?! OH.MY.GOSH! You have to make those. Like, asap!
Everything about chimichangas is good. Every.thing. Okay, so, maybe the extra calories aren’t that good, but you know, it’s July and burning calories in mid-summer is a lot easier than trying to do it in mid-January. Truth! By the way, did you realize that half the year is done? It is. Gah!
Let’s just pretend that those extra calories don’t exist and we can just mozy on over to our banana-keeper, fruit-bowl-thingamajig and start wrapping them up in tortillas. What do you say? Also, don’t worry about what to do with that leftover cheesecake. We’re about to use it up-in-herrrr! Or go buy some of that ready to use cheesecake filling. Whatever you decide, I’m good with it. As long as, you know, it’s a cheesecake.
This is a dessert I suggest you eat alone, hence the recipe for ONE, and you should eat it right after devouring, say, a few of these Honey-Mustard Teriyaki Chicken and Peach Kabobs. A nice, light meal finished off with a rich this Banana Cheesecake Chimichanga recipe. Sounds like the perfect lunch/brunch/supper/dinner idea to me!
- 1 (6-inch) flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons Ready-To-Eat Cheesecake Filling (I use Philadelphia's Classic)
- caramel topping
- 1 small banana
- peanut oil for frying
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Spread the cheesecake filling onto the flour tortilla.
- Drizzle caramel topping on top of cheesecake filling.
- Place the banana in the middle of the tortilla and roll up, tucking in the ends, like a burrito.
- Set on a plate, seam-side down, and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chimichanga for about 1 minute, flip and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds, or until evenly browned.
- Set on a paper-towel lined plate for a minute or two.
- Top with whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.