Hi friends! It’s been a few days since we’ve shared a YUMMY recipe, it’s about time right?! Well this one takes the cake – er – I mean BROWNIE! I’m a HUGE brownie fan. Like lick the bowl brownie fan. And Nutella and Caramel are not far behind, so why not combine them all into one decadent dessert? Caramel Nutella Brownies.
Just YUM. Recently for a party I was asked to bring desserts. I whipped up my favorite Easy Layered Strawberry Shortcake, which is my husband’s favorite. But I wanted chocolate. So I grabbed a box of brownie mix (family size) and mixed it up according to the directions. One note, I did add the “extra egg” that the recipe says you can use for more cake-like brownies.
I poured about half the batter into a square 8×8 pan, then the added in some awesomeness. Nutella and caramel sauce to be exact. I heated up 3/4 cup Nutella and 3/4 cup caramel sauce (in separate bowls) for just a few seconds in the microwave until they were easy to pour. I then drizzled both sauces into the brownie batter and swirled them around. I topped the brownies off the with the remaining batter and tossed them in the oven for about 45 minutes.
And the result? The most amazing, thick and rich, decadent Caramel Nutella Brownies!
Caramel Nutella Brownies
- Brownie mix family size and ingredients the mix calls for
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to appropriate temperature.
- Mix up the brownie batter according to the directions on the box (I added in an extra egg for more cake-like brownies).
- Pour half of your batter into an 8x8 square pan.
- Heat Nutella and caramel sauce in the microwave until they can be easily poured.
- Drizzle Nutella and caramel sauce over the batter in the pan.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake according to the directions on the box.
Now the Layered Strawberry Shortcake was well liked, but NONE of the brownies made their way home that evening. So grab you a brownie mix and try this out! It’s just a couple extra steps in the process but OH, so well worth it! Let us know if you give them a try!
Like it? Pin it!