A BLT (Bacon Lettuce Tomato) sandwich is a huge crowd favorite. For the crostini, I substituted the lettuce with avocado because it would hold up a lot better and adds so much flavor!
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brush one side of bread slices with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a bowl, mash avocados with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together tomato pieces and bacon.
- Spoon mashed avocado on top of bread slices. Top with tomato mixture.
This crostini has become one of my go to recipes when we know people are coming over. It is the perfect thing for guests to munch on while the rest of dinner finishes cooking.
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.