Hi friends … Keri from Shaken Together here! I’m so excited to share a really fun entertaining idea with you for New Year’s Eve! These sweet treats are made with just a few ingredients:
- Sparkling jello cups (recipe below)
- Vanilla Candiquik
- Sparkling Gold Sugar
How to make the Sparkling Jello Cups
*To keep the color of the jello light so it resembles champagne for New Year’s, I found a 1.55 oz box (six 1/2 cup servings) of Frozen themed Summer Berry gelatin that is totally clear at Walmart. You could also use lemon or another light colored Jello if you can’t find the Summer Berry gelatin.
- Combine the gelatin powder with 1 1/2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir to combine completely and refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- To the cooled mixture, add 1 1/2 cups of COLD sparkling apple cider or the soda of your choice.
- Split the mixture between 6 plastic wine glasses.
- Allow Jello to set up completely in the refrigerator before moving on to dip the glasses.
The Jello cups really do look like bubbly champagne!! Crazy, huh?!
Once the jello cups are set, you can dip them in Candiquik and rim them in sparkling gold sugar. First, melt the Candiquik according to package directions. Dip the very edge of the glass in the melted Candiquik.
Then, place the glass on a plate with the sparkling gold sugar. Gently press the gold sugar onto the Candiquik on the glass rim.
Gently tap off any excess and turn Jello cups upright … SO pretty!
Since ringing in 2016 is a pretty big deal, serve these New Year’s Sparkling Jello Cups with a gold spoon and your guests can dig in, watch the ball drop and steal a kiss at midnight!
Speaking of ringing in the New Year, here are a few more fun projects from Shaken Together!
Hope 2016 brings you nothing but health, wellness and prosperity!!
Like it? Pin it!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.