A perfect craft for Read Across America and Dr. Seuss celebrations, make these fun and easy Dr. Seuss Truffula Tree Bookmarks.
Dr. Seuss Truffula Tree Bookmarks
Hi friends! It’s that time of year! Read Across America Day is a nationwide reading celebration that takes place annually the week of March 2nd—Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries, and community centers participate by bringing together kids, teens, and books, and you can too! Incorporate these guides and activities to celebrate reading with young people. This means that your kiddos are likely finding themselves reading Dr. Seuss books, dressing up as Dr. Seuss and MORE during this time of year.
Now if you’re a “Amazon Prime Mom” (no shame in that game, I’m there most days), then you might want to check out these FUN Dr. Seuss Finds from Amazon! But if you’re pulling a “Pinterest Mom” this year, then you just might want to engage your kiddos in making these ADORABLE Dr. Seuss Truffula Tree Bookmarks!
Truffula Tree Bookmark Supplies
All you need for this project is…
- Yellow jumbo craft sticks (or regular jumbo craft sticks, painted yellow)
- Black Sharpie
- Pink, yellow and blue embroidery thread
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
How to Make Truffula Tree Bookmarks
1. Lay out a scrap piece of paper or a paper plate work well too.
2. Color thick diagonal stripes onto your yellow craft sticks and set aside.
3. Wrap embroidery thread around three fingers until you use all of what’s in the small package.
4. Carefully slide off your fingers and tie the end around the center into a double knot.
5. Carefully cut the loop on each side.
6. Squirt some hot glue on the top of your yellow and black craft stick and stick the colored thread on top, moving around the pieces to make the tree look more full.
What do you think? They’re PERFECTLY easy and oh, so cute. The perfect Dr. Suess Craft, if you ask me!
Supplies Used to make Truffula Tree Bookmarks:
- Jumbo Colored Wood Craft Sticks: Such a great craft supply to have on hand!
- Rainbow Color Embroidery Thread: Every color of the rainbow! Another great craft supply to have on hand.
- Multipurpose Scissors: I always suggest to have great scissors on hand, and this is a great multipurpose set!
For more Dr. Seuss Projects, check out:
- Lorax Paper Plate Craft
- 25+ Dr. Seuss Ideas – Crafts, Treats and More!
- Oh the Places You’ll Go Dr. Seuss Printables