Hi friends! Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and if you’re still looking for something thoughtful and handmade to make, you have plenty of time to create this DIY Monogrammed Tray made with ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape. I simply adore all things monogrammed. I think it can take an everyday item and make it personal and special. And isn’t that what you want to convey for Mother’s Day? I also love the patterned trays that you see trending out there, but I knew I could make a beautiful tray for much less!
As an avid DIY and Crafter, there are certain supplies that you must keep on hand, and a good quality painter’s tape is one of them! I have always used and have been so pleased with ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape, and using it for this project was no exception! So let’s get down to how this project came together and how you can make your very own!
What you’ll need:
- Wooden tray
- ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape Delicate Surface with Edge-Lock 2080EL
- 3 or more shades of acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Vinyl or stencil (for monogram)
And the steps:
- Paint the wooden tray all over with one shade of acrylic paint.
- Once dry, line the tray with various sizes of ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape Delicate Surface with Edge-Lock to create horizontal stripes across the tray.
- Paint each stripe with a different shade of acrylic paint and let dry. Once dry, peel off the ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape.
- Create a square at the center of the tray with more ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape. Paint the square in and let dry.
- With a cutting machine, cut a monogram the size of the center square out of vinyl, or stencil and paint in a monogram in the center of the tray.
- If you’re using vinyl, once cut, use transfer paper to move the monogram to the tray. You may want to cover with a glaze or sealer to keep vinyl in place.
And now that the project is done, it can be given to your mother to use for whatever she pleases! Wouldn’t it make a perfect nightstand tray for jewelry or perfumes?
All in all I really enjoyed making the tray and am so pleased with how it turned out! I really hope you’ll give it a try as well! There’s still time before Mother’s Day, or even create one for yourself! If you do, make sure you use ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape! It really is the only painter’s tape that I use and trust to give me quality results! Happy creating!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.