Love a modern farmhouse look for less? Make your own DIY Metal Flower Market Bucket in just a few easy steps!
What you’ll need:
- galvanized steel bucket
- rust colored paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Cocoa Bean)
- dark and light colored grey paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Steel Grey and Dolphin)
- black paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Black Satin Tie)
- sea sponges
- paint pouncer
And the steps:
- To “age” the steel bucket, create rusty edges using your sponges around the rust colored paint.
- Once that is dry, use another paint sponge to apply a light coat of the darker grey paint all over the bucket.
- Once that is dry, do the same with the light grey paint.
- Using a cutting machine such as the Cricut or Silhouette (or even premade alphabet stencils), create your flower market stencil. If you have a Cricut machine, you can use this Flower Market Cut File. If you have a Silhouette, you can download this Flower Market Cut File.
- Tape the stencil to the area you’d like on the bucket and using a pouncer, fill in the stencil with black paint.
- Remove the stencil and let dry (depending on the tape you used, you may have to touch up the grey paint if the tape lifted any).
Like it? Pin it!