There’s nothing better than the farmhouse look for fall! Make your own DIY Farmhouse Pumpkin Bucket in just a few easy steps!
What you’ll need:
- galvanized steel bucket
- rust colored paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Cocoa Bean)
- dark and light colored grey paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Steel Grey and Dolphin)
- black paint (we used Americana Multi-Surface Black Satin Tie)
- sea sponges
- paint pouncer
And the steps:
- To “age” the steel bucket, create rusty edges using your sponges around the rust colored paint.
- Once that is dry, use another paint sponge to apply a light coat of the darker grey paint all over the bucket.
- Once that is dry, do the same with the light grey paint.
- Using a cutting machine such as the Cricut or Silhouette (or even premade alphabet stencils), create your Farm Fresh Pumpkins stencil. If you have a Cricut machine, you can use this Farm Fresh Pumpkins Cut File.
- Tape the stencil to the area you’d like on the bucket and using a pouncer, fill in the stencil with black paint.
- Remove the stencil and let dry.
Supplies Used to make this Project:
- Cricut Explore: I have to say this is my favorite craft machine ever. Even with the newer models out, I love my Explore.
- Galvanized Tub: This one is already aged a little, making this project a breeze!
- White Craft Pumpkins: With many assorted sizes, you’ll have all the pumpkins you need for your fall projects.