What a great hack! Create DIY Easy Concrete Pumpkins at home in just minutes – perfect for rustic or neutral fall decor!
Well, it’s officially September – so that means we can break out the FALL DECOR, right?! I mean, it’s still 100 degrees here in sunny Phoenix where I live, but you’d better believe I’m dreaming of fall weather. So today we’re bustin out the PUMPKINS! Michaels craft pumpkins to be exact. They’re some of our favorite decor – beautiful as is or GREAT to craft with! Once of our MOST POPULAR craft posts of all time are our fun Neon Paint Dipped Pumpkins! They are so fun but this year we’re sticking a little more neutral and natural with our decor – so we immediately started toying with the idea of creating DIY Easy Concrete Pumpkins! And you’ll never believe how EASY we made them!
What you’ll need:
- Michaels craft pumpkins
- ArtMinds Ultimate Premixed Mortar (in Michaels DIY Home section)
- Chip brush
And the steps:
- Simply open up your ArtMinds Ultimate Premixed Mortar and stir.
- “Paint” the mortar onto your craft pumpkin – start with a thin layer for best adhesion, covering the entire pumpkin (we left the bottom unpainted).
- Let the first layer dry, depending on your weather this can happen in just an hour or two.
- Once the first layer is dry, follow up with another layer of mortar, filling in all the gaps from the first layer.
- Once your second layer is on, you can smooth out areas or create more texture as needed – it’s really up to you and your preferences.
Simply let the pumpkins dry completely and YOU’RE DONE!
To kick off fall in your own home, visit Michaels.com and check out the variety of craft pumpkins available – there is every color, shape and size you could ever want! There are tons of ways to DIY your own craft pumpkin for your home, a party or even as a gift. If you’re looking for something a little bit different, Michaels recently started selling these fun half pumpkins, perfect for fall décor wall mounts and fun signs. So let’s get to it! What are YOUR fall decor plans?!
Like it? Pin it!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.