Hi friends! Today I’m sharing a fun and easy Spooky Spider Web Halloween Wreath! I’m also participating in a Halloween Hop with some of my creative and crafty friends! From Halloween party treats to Halloween favors to Halloween home décor, we’ve got you covered! Scroll down to see all of the creative and creepy ideas!
So back to this wreath, can you believe it was made from a ceiling medallion? That’s right! I’ve seen so many gorgeous ceiling medallion wreaths out there so recently when I was in a local home improvement store I found this one on CLEARANCE. I had always wanted to do a medallion wreath, and now I had no excuse! I picked it up for just $5. It sat in my craft room for a few weeks while I contemplated just what type of wreath I would make with it. Then it dawned on me as I have started working on Halloween craft projects (did you SEE the cute Halloween Favor Bags I shared yesterday?) that the medallion kind of looked like a fancy spider web. PERFECT! This little lovely would become this year’s Halloween wreath!
What you’ll need:
- Ceiling medallion
- Americana Multi-Surface Satins (I used pumpkin patch and black tie)
- Martha Stewart Crafts Dimensional Silhouette Spiders
- Tulle or ribbon for hanging
- Glue gun/glue
And the steps:
- I simply painted the raised “web” areas of the medallion with Americana Multi-Surface Satins in black tie. Multi-Surface Satins are perfect for this project as not all paint will adhere well to plastic.
- I waited for the first coat to dry and painted one additional coat for adequate coverage.
- I painted the inner circle of the medallion in with Americana Multi-Surface Satins in pumpkin patch.
- I then simply glued Martha Stewart Crafts Dimensional Silhouette Spiders onto the medallion with hot glue.
- I tied a length of tulle through the medallion for hanging and voila!
A perfectly cute, I mean Spooky Spider Web Halloween Wreath!
So what do you think of our Spooky Spider Web Halloween Wreath? It turned out so much better than I even imagined! I told my husband what I was planning to do beforehand and as with so many projects there was a bit of a blank stare. Sometimes projects are just better left in my head. But I’m so glad I went through with this one AND my husband loves it too! In fact, I started out with just one spider and he recommended I add another – and I agreed! The more spiders the merrier……wait, what? 😉
Ok, enough about my project, please HOP over and visit my friends!
From left to right in the collage you’ll find:
- Candy Corn Oreos with Bird’s Party (find her on pinterest and google +)
- Gone Batty Halloween Cake with The Celebration Shoppe (find her on pinterest and google +)
- All Wrapped Up Mummy Treats & Pumpkin Favors with Giggles Galore (find her on pinterestand google +)
- Coffin Favor Boxes with Love The Day (find her on pinterest and google +)
- Creepy Crawly Rat and Spider Wreath with Catch My Party (find her on pinterest and google +)
- Push Pop Pumpkin and Halloween Chex Mix Recipe with Dukes & Duchesses (find her onpinterest and google +)
- Spooky Spider Web Halloween Wreath with me (find me on pinterest and google +)
- Rattling Bones Halloween Coffin Cake with Celebrations At Home (find her on pinterest andgoogle +)
Be sure to hop around and enjoy! So many fun ideas to be had…spooky on my friends!
linked up here, create & inspire, link party palooza, the 36th avenue, frugal girls, everything etsy
Chris @ Celebrations At Home says
This is so creative, Kimberly. What a cool project!
Love it that you used a ceiling medallion for this!! Looks so pretty and easy to make too! ♥
what a fun project!
Lindi @ Love The Day says
I am totally obsessed with this! Such a creative idea. So fun hoping with you!
I can’t believe this was made from a ceiling medallion!!! You are so creative!! I love it!! Pinning it!! It would be fun to put this on the ceiling with a string attached to the spider hanging down. It would definitely scare people!! Mawhawhaw!!
Mariah Leeson (@Giggles_Galore) says
I would have never guessed from glancing at this that you made it with a ceiling medallion, so creative!
Kim @ The Celebration Shoppe says
Darling idea Kimberly! And so clever using a ceiling medallion!
Love it, girl! Just pinned!! XO
This is awesome! such a creative use of this! Love it!
Kimberly Sneed says
Thank you Sherry!
How creative and very cute!