This Easy No-Sew Felt Race Track is perfect for Cars-loving kiddos! Make it in just an afternoon, rolls up for play time and time again!
Now as you may know, I have two small boys, and right now cars rule their world! And ours. And I’ve seen similar ideas on Pinterest (I don’t have a specific pin or source), but a while back I purchased the supplies needed to make our own felt racetrack for the boys to play with.
What you’ll need:
- Large piece of felt for the base
- Several black felt squares
- One yellow felt square
- Glue gun
- Fabric glue
And the steps:
- Simply mark a line down the middle of each black felt square (with chalk) and cut along those lines.
- Line up two “road pieces” and draw a rounded corner with chalk and cut to make four pieces for the corners of the racetrack
- Lay out all of the straight road pieces with the four rounded corners on the large piece of felt
- Once the track is laid out the way you want it to be, glue each piece down with the hot glue gun and fabric glue
- Cut the yellow felt square into long, skinny rectangles to create the lane dividers
- Simply arrange and glue those pieces down as well
- And you’re done!
It was an easy, no-sew project that I KNOW my boys will love! And best of all, I can just roll it up and stick it in the closet once they’re done. I can’t wait to give it to them on Christmas! Would your kids love a Easy No-Sew Felt Race Track? What gifts are you looking to make this year?
Sara - My Merry Messy Life says
Aw, that is so cool, Kimberly! My boys would love this. Pinning!
Wish I had boys…that’s awesome!! I’m pinning it for my possible grandkids some day 🙂
um, serious creative thinking there Kimberly!! A great gift that I’m sure will see many miles!
Ashley @ From Dahlias to Doxies says
Love this! So cute and easy for a little boy gift.
Marni @ Haberdashery Fun says
Just saw this on twitter. Love it! Great idea 🙂
Best Haberdashery London says
Nice track, no doubt my boys will really like it, thanks for sharing this wonderful idea, luckily I have some perfect fabric for it, its a my first project to deal with this new year at all, can’t wait.