Easy Monster Cereal Bars
Author: Kimberly Sneed
- 2 cups Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- 2 cups Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, coarsely broken
- ½ cup mini chocolate candies
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- Spray sides and bottom of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cereal, peanuts, chocolate candies and pretzels; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave brown sugar, agave syrup and butter uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture is boiling.
- Microwave an additional 1 minute allowing mixture to boil and thicken slightly.
- Let stand 3 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Using buttered back of spoon, press mixture very firmly in pan. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm enough to cut.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature up to 1 week.
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.