Hi friends! Halloween is RIGHT around the corner, eeek! Do you have your costumes all buttoned up and ready to go? We shared some fun Gator Boys Costumes we made for our boys a few weeks back, but just in case you need another fun and EASY last-minute, no-sew costume, we have one for you today – a Kids Lion Halloween Costume! All adorable child photography credit goes out to our FAVORITE Phoenix Family Photographer Stacey of Dream Photography Studio (she rocks!).
What you’ll need:
- Yellow shirt
- Yarn (fluffy, multi-colored yarn works best!)
- Brown eyeliner (or Halloween face make-up)
And the steps:
- Simply wrap rounds of yarn around your fingers, like you’re making a yarn pom-pom!
- Tie a length of yarn around the rounds of yarn to secure.
- Cut across the rounds of yarn on the opposite side and fluff.
- Repeat this step, making plenty of yarn “pom-poms” for the mane!
Once you’re done with the poms:
- Now braid 6 lengths of yarn to create a thick headband that you’ll use to tie the mane on. You’ll want to make sure that it’s long enough once braided to tie around your child’s head.
- Tie off each end of the braided cord.
- Starting from the middle of the cord, attach the yarn pom-poms by simply tying them to the cord.
And voila! You have one easy, FLUFFY lion’s mane for one easy no-sew Lion Halloween Costume!
Then you just tie that fun little mane onto your child, add a nose and some whiskers (I just used my brown eyeliner) and you’re done! Isn’t he the CUTEST?!
I don’t think I’ve ever heard so many ROARS in my life. If you have animal lovers like my kiddos, you should definitely give this last-minute Lion Halloween Costume a try! If you’ve got yarn and some eyeliner, you can pull it together in no time. And that’s a good thing – since we’re almost out of time! Thanks again to Stacey of Dream Photography Studio for the awesome shots of my big guy!