Flavorful Balsamic Whiskey Marinated Steak is a low maintenance dish that will please even the pickiest steak lover.
This marinade is all about flavors that compliment each other. The tangy balsamic vinaigrette and sweet whiskey are a wonderful combination…and a little hot sauce never hurt either. The sugars in the marinade also give these babies the most beautiful sear color! I like to marinade my steaks for 30 minutes to an hour on the counter so they can come up to room temperature and cook more evenly. You can also marinade them all day in the fridge while you’re at work and then just set them out for 10 minutes when you get home before cooking. Easy peasy, and oh so tasty!
Balsamic Whiskey Marinated Steak
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon whiskey honey flavored whiskey would work too
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce use your favorite, I had Frank's on hand
- 2 large steaks I used a bone-in ribeye
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Combine dressing, whiskey, onion powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Place your steaks in a gallon ziploc bag. Pour marinade over the steaks. Seal the bag and smush everything a around, making sure steak are well-coated. Set bag with steaks aside, on the counter (yes at room temp), for 30 minutes to an hour. (I marinated my steaks for 30 mins.)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with butter. Carefully place steaks on to hot skillet. Cook steaks for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. DO NOT flip more than once. You'll loose that beautiful sear that seals in the juices.
- Remove steaks to a large plate, and loosely cover with aluminum foil. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This marinade amount works well for two large steaks (ribeye & NY strip) or four smaller filet cuts. If you are making any more steaks than that, you will definitely want to double to recipe.