Hi friends! I am SO EXCITED to share this project with you today. This month one of my favorite celebs of ALL TIME – Clinton Kelly – challenged a group of bloggers to create a new and unique Thanksgiving Centerpiece. Do you know Clinton? Of course you do! He was the host of What Not to Wear for years and let me just tell you, I binge watched that show. I mean it was SUPER CUTE (if you watched, you know what that means.) Haha! And now even though my favorite show is over, you can STILL fill up on Clinton time over at The Chew. I’ve actually completely enjoyed seeing all the different and creative sides to Clinton (that we all knew he had…), and he’s sharing even MORE at the new ClintonKelly.com! So get yourself on over there and be prepared to fall in love with Clinton, all over again. We are so honored to be included in the roundup…with our DIY Wooden Table Runner! So let’s chat about how we put it together…
What you’ll need:
- 7 – 48″ Wooden Lath Strips (you find in the lumber section of your local hardward store)
- Hand saw
- Wood glue
And the steps:
- Arrange six of your wooden lath strips as you want them for your runner.
- Measure the width of your runner with the strips arranged, and cut your seventh lath strip with a hand saw to that length, so that you have three smaller strips to adhere to your runner.
- Cover each of those strips with a good amount of wood glue and place on your wooden runner on each end and one in the center.
- You may want to add weights to your strips with glue, to ensure that the support strip adheres securely to each runner strip.
Simply let dry and voila! One easy but beautiful DIY Wooden Table Runner!
So what do you think? A really simple DIY Wooden Table Runner that can add a unique touch to your table this holiday season! Looking for more inspiration? Head over to ClintonKelly.com for more DIY Thanksgiving Centerpieces!