My secret trick is crushed ice. I like to put a few ice cubes in my blender first and crush them real well before adding the rest of the ingredients. The crushed ice gives a homemade shake a fluffiness that I just love! Something else to keep in mind – the higher the fat content of your milk, the thicker the milkshake. If you are using skim milk, use a little less than the recipe says so that your shake isn’t too runny!
- 6 ice cubes (1 cup of ice)
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup milk
- extra berries for garnish
- Crush the ice in a blender. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with additional berries.
Looking for more berry recipes? Try these: