This Toasted Coconut Granola is easy to make and is perfect to add to your breakfast or snack routine!
I’m a HUGE fan of coconut. Especially toasted coconut. So I traded in the cinnamon and raisins for a little toasted coconut and almonds! And let me tell you, it was a good swap! The flavors of the oats, honey, coconut and almonds is just out of this world – if you’re looking for the perfect addition to your yogurt or fruit, this is it!
Toasted Coconut Granola
- 1 1/4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Spread out the coconut shreds and sliced almonds on a large cookie sheet and broil on low until coconut turns a golden brown.
- Remove cookie sheet and allow coconut and almonds to cool.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add your oats to the pot.
- Cook and stir until lightly toasted, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the oats out onto a large baking sheet and add the butter to the pot.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the honey, molasses and brown sugar.
- When the mixture starts to simmer, return the oats to the pot and continue to cook and stir until coated and hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut and almonds.
- Pour onto a large cookie sheet and allow to cool; the granola will harden as it cools.
- When cool, transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.