Hi friends! Today I’m sharing the yummiest (yes, that’s a word) recipe for Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup with you that I made with Classico Tomatoes! But first, let me provide you with the background story. Did you have a romantic date night for Valentines? With two little ones, we don’t get out much, so a quiet dinner at home is our typical date night these days. So that’s just what we did! And what better to round out our Winter months with a delicious homemade soup?
We ADORE soup in our home. All of my boys love it! And I find that it’s an easy meal to put together for this busy, working mama. And since my boys all have aversions to dairy, most of the soups I make are tomato-based. And there’s a new tomato in town, Classico Canned Tomatoes! Classico Tomatoes are 100% all-natural, always packed fresh with no preservatives! And that’s always important when you’re cooking for your loved ones.
So we decided to give it a try for our Date Night soup of choice: Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup. We used both Classico Crushed Tomatoes and Classico Heavy Tomato Puree along with just a few other ingredients to make it a meal!
And I am going to be completely honest with you, the soup was DELICIOUS. So much so that my husband has instructed me to use these same tomatoes in all of our soups and tomato-based meals going forward. So are you ready for the recipe? I know you are!
Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 28 oz can Classico Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Classico Heavy Tomato Puree
- 1 can whole black beans drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 shredded rotisserie chicken
- Shredded cheese opt
- Sour cream opt
- Tostada shells or fried corn tortillas opt
- Mix together crushed tomatoes, heavy tomato puree, black beans, corn, green chilies, chicken broth, taco seasoning and shredded chicken in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spoon soup into bowls, garnish with cheese and sour cream (opt) and serve with ready-made tostada shells or fried corn tortillas.
So give the soup a try. And be sure to grab Classico Tomatoes, it makes all the difference in the world! Classico products can be found at your local Walmart. So head on over and grab the ingredients you need to make this today! You won’t be disappointed!