These Shark Oreo Pops are easy, tasty and fun! The perfect #SharkWeek or shark party treat for the kids or shark lover in your life!
Shark Cookie Pops
Hi friends! Can you believe that SHARK WEEK is here?! It’s such a big week in our family – with three boys you’d better believe they are full of shark enthusiasm. Every year we partake in new #SharkWeek treats, crafts and activities to celebrate and this year is no exception. If you love quick and easy treats like our Lion Cookie Pops, then you’re going to love these Shark Oreo Pops!
Oreo Pops Recipe
Making Oreo Pops is actually pretty easy! Remember cake pops? Those always took a little more work; I love Oreo pops because the cookies are already made and basically all you have to do is decorate them for an adorable treat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Oreo cookies
- Wilton light blue candy melts
- Wilton light cocoa candy melts
- Wilton bright white candy melts
- Small candy eyes
- Blue lollipop sticks
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
How to Make Oreo Lollipops
Now it’s time to make the Shark Pops! Follow these steps:
1. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of the white candy melts on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
2. Carefully open an Oreo, dip a lollipop stick into the melted white chocolate and press gently onto the frosting side of the Oreo.
3. Add a little more melted white chocolate onto the center of the Oreo and carefully place the Oreos back together.
4. Transfer to the freezer for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate inside has hardened.
5. Hold onto the lollipop stick and dip the Oreo into the melted white chocolate, let any excess drip off, place onto a piece of parchment paper and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
6. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of your light blue candy melts on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour a small amount into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the end of the bag.
5. Use the bag to draw 1” shark fins onto a piece of parchment paper and transfer to the freezer to harden.
6. Dip the Left side of the white Oreos into the melted blue chocolate at an angle, let any excess drip off, place a candy eye onto the blue on the right side and transfer to the freezer to harden.
7. Carefully peel the shark fin off the parchment paper, dip into the melted blue chocolate and stick onto the left side of the shark Oreo.
8. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 1 cup of your light cocoa candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour a small amount into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the end of the bag.
9. Use your decorating bag of light cocoa candy melts to draw on zip zag teeth on the bottom white on the Oreo and a few lines on the side of the eye.
10. Let harden and enjoy!
Shark Oreo Pops
And there you have it, aren’t they the cutest Shark Oreo Pops ever?! Such a fun and easy treat for #SharkWeek, your upcoming shark party or just a festive treat for the shark lover in your life!
More Shark Week Ideas:
- DIY Shark Slime
- Shark Frenzy Ice Cream
- Shark Week: Strawberry Lemonade Chumsicles
- 25+ Shark Ideas: Crafts, Activities and More!
- Corner Shark Bookmark
Like it? Pin it!
[…] glued to the tv to get their shark fix in. And because we love to make shark themed treats, like Shark Oreo Pops, Shark Frenzy Ice Cream and Shark Chumsicles, we thought we’d keep the shark treat train […]
[…] Shark Oreo Pops […]