I’m always on the lookout for those no-fail yummy recipes that look fancy but anyone can whip up and everyone raves about. They don’t come along often – usually they’re too complicated, or don’t look fancy, or are good but just not worth the calories to eat it.
This is not one of those complicated situations – this is a sure-fire win for your summer picnics. Easy, delicious, and fun for all ages. Nothing beats an edible root beer float – unless, of course, it’s the adult version. Do y’all know about this root beer?! It’s kind of the best thing since, I dunno, root beer. I can’t taste a difference but two of them later, I’m like, “whoops! there it is!”
My root beer experience will never be the same. Enjoy!
Root Beer Cupcakes
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 C melted butter
- 2/3 C sour cream
- 1/2 C root beer the regular kind or the more delicious adult kind
- Beat all those ingredients together. Yup, dump them in and turn the mixer on for a couple of minutes or until it's all well-combined.
- Pour 1/3 C batter into greased, oven-safe parfait glasses (I needed about 15)
- Bake according to package directions until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp root beer
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C (or more) vanilla ice cream, room temperature (aka, melted)
- Beat butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in root beer, vanilla, and 1/4 C vanilla ice cream and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- You might have to play with the consistency a bit – adding more powdered sugar or melted ice cream until it’s just right.
- Scoop onto cooled cupcakes. I spread a bit on top, and then added a scoop of frosting to make it look more realistic.
- Garnish with a fun straw and spoon.