Thank you to the editors of Martha Stewart Living for sponsoring this Ombre Glitter Cork Board project and post as part of the #12MonthsofMartha program! I received product in exchange for this project; however, all opinions are my own.
Hi friends! Have you heard the news? There’s a new decoupage line in town and it’s by Martha Stewart! How exciting is that! There are a ton of new options, uses and finishes like gloss and matte, fabric and oilcloth! I was ecstatic when I received this month’s box full of decoupage goodies, you can get a quick preview on my Instagram video here! One of my favorite Martha Stewart products is her fabulous GLITTER. A few months ago I created this Glitter Cake Plate with her glittering glue, so I immediately knew I wanted to try out the new decoupage products with glitter once again. And since it’s Back to School time, I instantly thought of some school supplies that you could spruce up with glitter! And what better than a glitter cork board?
What you’ll need:
- Cork Board
- Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage – Durable Gloss Finish
- Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter – 2 similar colors
- Painter’s tape
- Paint/decoupage brush
And the steps:
- Tape off one third of the cork board with painter’s tape and cover area with decoupage.
- Sprinkle one color of glitter over the painted area, spreading over the area for even coverage.
- Pull up painter’s tape and let dry.
- While that section is drying, tape off the middle third of the board and cover area with decoupage.
- Sprinkle both colors you’re using over the painted area and spread over area, mixing the two colors for ombre effect.
- Cover the last third of the board with decoupage and sprinkle second color, spreading over the area for even coverage.
- Let dry for an hour then coat entire board with another layer of decoupage for final sealing. You can even coat a third time, just wait an hour between layers.
And you’re done! The end result is a fun and FABULOUS Ombre Glitter Cork Board! What do you think? Do you know any girls, teens, or let’s be honest grown women (raising my hand over here) who would want a fun glitter cork board like this?
It was easy and such a fun way to test out the new Martha Stewart Decoupage line! And it is amazing! I really can’t wait to use it on other fun projects. Especially the fabric line, can you just imagine the projects you could make with fabric decoupage? I think some Fall themed projects are called for…some burlap perhaps?
So what would YOU make with the new Martha Stewart Decoupage? You can get your very own supply at your local Michaels, one of my most favorite places to shop! I do think you should give it a try! My Ombre Glitter Cork Board was so fun to make and so easy! Tell me what projects you’re dreaming up…or what you’d like to see us try out!