Thank you to Michaels for sponsoring today’s post on Neon Paint Dipped Pumpkins in coordination with the Michaels Great Pumpkin Challenge! #MPumpkin
Hi friends! Fall time is here, and Halloween is right around the corner, so that means it’s time for PUMPKINS! I break them out every year about this time and tend to hear a sigh from my husband. Yes, it may get a little pumpkin crazy ’round our house. But how can you not love these gorgeous gourds?? So when Michaels told me about the Great Pumpkin Challenge I was intrigued! And they sent me a few pumpkins to test out some new tricks…and I came up with these FUN Neon Paint Dipped Pumpkins!
Are you a child of the 80s? If so, you may be reveling in the bright neon revival! I think neons are so much fun, especially when it comes to party decor. So pumpkins may be a little out there, but if you’re into modern design with a POP – these would be perfect! And they were so much fun to create!
What you’ll need:
- White spray paint
- Americana NEONS paint
- Paint brush
And the steps:
- I started off with an orange, black and ivory pumpkin that I spray painted white (several light coats until fully covered).
- Once dry I “dipped” the bottom of the pumpkin in Americana NEONS paint, spread around a thick layer with a paint brush and held upside down until the bottom was completely covered and paint started to run up the sides.
- Once I was happy with how far the paint ran “up” the pumpkin, I turned it upright and placed on a glass to dry.
And voila! Perfectly modern, bright and 80s-worthy Neon Paint Dipped Pumpkins!
Aren’t they FUN! I’m obsessed. Where has neon been all these years? And I have to tell you, these Americana NEONS (that you can also find at Michaels) are fabulous! So true to color and bright! I can see more neon projects in our future. You have been warned! Ok, back to pumpkins…
Fun Pumpkin Facts!
- All Michaels locations are hosting a Great Pumpkin Event on Saturday, October 5 from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. For only $6 (which covers the cost of a 9” carveable pumpkin) kids can create their own pumpkin design and a free face painter will also be on hand. A great weekend event for the whole family!
- Did you know that Michaels offers custom carved pumpkins that can be personalized with a variety of designs and names? Prices start at $19.99 and you can them order at all Michaels locations, just make sure to place your order by Oct. 13 so that it will be completed by Halloween. Visit www.michaels.com/custom-
carved-pumpkins for more information.
So let’s get our PUMPKIN on, friends! Let me know if you make your very own Neon Paint Dipped Pumpkins or what fun pumpkin crafts you’re up to this year!