After a long weekend of grilling, eating, and sippin’ on gin and juice (or Strawberry Pom Mojitos ;-)), I am ready to say goodbye to food for several days. I am stuffed!
However, I can never ever EVER say goodbye to frozen treats. Ever. Remember that Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream Cake?! YUM!
Now, let me introduce you to another YUM – it’s this Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt. Heavenly! These are my two all time faves in one; coffee and ice cream. Loves it!
Loves it a bit more because I saved us a few calories with this recipe. I figure, dieting for a few days after Memorial Day won’t hurt us, right? So, say no to custard and yes to yogurt! We all need to tame it down a bit after that huge BBQ we had.
Do you have an ice cream machine? I hope so! But, if you don’t, here David Lebovitz shows you how to do it without one.
Go gather your espresso, yogurt, milk, and cocoa… and be warned; do not, I repeat, DO NOT eat this before going to bed. Unless you want to be up all night. Cleaning. And such. It happened to a friend of mine… I won’t mention any names. 😉
- 1 cup Skim Milk (You can also use 2% or Whole Milk)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (or any other instant coffee powder)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a medium bowl and mix with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla; continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Turn on the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze it for 2 hours or until it reached desired consistency.