Hi friends! We are on a SOUP kick lately, aren’t we?! I do have to admit that during our cooler months (we’re in Phoenix, so I’m not really sure that “cold” qualifies), soup is my favorite easy, go-to meal! My boys love it, my husband is usually a fan – so that means that it’s on our table, a lot! Recently I’ve been venturing outside our favorite Santa Fe Soup and Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup (which you have to try both, they’re so good!), with our Easy Black Bean Chili I shared yesterday and today this Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup!
Now we’re HUGE fans of anything enchilada! And I know you are too – our Easy Enchilada Casserole is our most popular post of all time! But what about those nights that you don’t have time for traditional enchiladas, OR you just want something different?
Have you ever tried LA VICTORIA® brand products? If you haven’t had their amazing line of salsas – I would suggest you try! They are so fresh and vibrant, not at all what you’d expect from other store-bought salsas! We’re big fans of their salsa at home, so I was excited to give their enchilada sauce a try! And it was no exception! Fresh and tasty…the perfect start to a delicious soup! Here’s what else you’ll need…
Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 3-4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups LA VICTORIA® brand Enchilada Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can black beans drained
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Sour cream cheese and green onions for optional garnish
- Season and cook chicken breasts to taste; or shred rotisserie chicken.
- Combine chicken, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans and spices in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished with sour cream, cheese and green onions.
And there you have it – Chicken Enchilada Soup. Easy, but oh so tasty!
next time you have a hankering for enchiladas (but maybe not the time), grab a can of LA VICTORIA® brand enchilada sauce and make this delicious soup! It’s a great way to think “Beyond the Enchilada”