Hi friends! We’re continuing on with the Back to School Week theme with an easy after school snack (or in our house DINNER), these Easy Baked Corn Dog Bites! My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE corn dogs, do yours? I was never a fan until we started to introduce them now and then with our kids at home. We were buying frozen mini corn dogs from the store, but I knew there was likely a good recipe I could find for baked corn dogs to leverage for a fun at-home meal. I found said recipe at Martha Stewart (of course!)
The recipe is easy…
Easy Baked Corn Dog Bites
- 2-3 hot dogs cut into bites
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add in milk, eggs, and oil, mixing thoroughly.
- Dust hot dog bites with flour, then cover with batter and place on a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until tops of bites are golden.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard dipping sauces and enjoy!
Easy but tasty! I mean, maybe not as good as the fried version. Let’s be honest. But when I told the boys we were having corn dogs (ensue excitement) and I gave them these, they ate EVERY LAST ONE.
So what do you think? Would Easy Baked Corn Dog Bites go over well in your home? I think they’d make the perfect after school snack OR an easy dinner for those busy school nights! Just pop these in the oven and satisfy those hungry bellies!