Hi friends! Summer is around the corner, so we’re breaking out the seashells and beach-themed goodies and welcoming the heat, right?! Well at least the first part is right – I’m not sure I’m quite ready for the 100+ degree heat we get here in sunny Arizona! But what I DO know is that we’re ready to simplify and brighten up our home decor. And today we have JUST the fun, beachy project for you – a DIY Seashell Ampersand!
Ok – I KNOW I’m not the only one who is obsessed with ampersands these days! I’ve found that I have a small little collection growing at home, and I have had PLENTY of ideas how to spruce some plain ones up – crafty DIY style! And this project is no exception. I love the beauty and complexity of seashells, and when I found a bag of seashell vase “filler” that were little pieces of iridescent goodness I KNEW that this would be the perfect little Summer project! So let’s go over the details so you can make your own (you KNOW you wanna!)…
What you’ll need:
And the steps:
- Simply apply Elmer’s Craft Bond Tacky Glue (it goes on white, dries clear!) to a section of the wooden ampersand.
- Spread the glue evenly over the section with a foam brush.
- Try “sprinkling” and placing the seashell pieces in place until the section is full to your liking.
- Repeat these steps until the whole ampersand is full of seashells!
- At this point you might want to look over the ampersand to see if there are any large holes you want to fill with little bits of seashells.
And you’re done! And the result is one adorable DIY Seashell Ampersand, don’t you think?!
This pretty little ampersand would be perfect for your Summer beach-themed mantel or your growing gallery wall – come on – you know you have one! How fabulous would a WHOLE gallery wall of ampersands be? I think you should make one and show me. Just saying.
So if you’re looking for a fun project to kick off your Summer – try it out! So grab your Elmer’s Craft Bond Tacky Glue and get to crafting! What would YOU cover in seashells?!