Thank you to DecoArt for sponsoring today’s DIY Carrot Easter Eggs project! I am a part of the DecoArt Core Bloggers program; all projects, pictures and opinions are my own.Hi friends! We’re excited to get into the Spring swing of things here on the blog! Last week we kicked things off with some fabulous Easter Basket Ideas and today we’re jumping into some crafts and decor! I am really digging the carrot theme this year. Really. It may just be a thing – just to give you fair warning! They are so bright and cute, just what we need to usher in Spring, right? So my first carrot project to date are these adorable DIY Carrot Easter Eggs!
Now I know that you can buy cheap “carrot easter eggs”. I’ve seen them at the dollar store. But I’m not going to just throw plastic up on our shelves and call it a day. These Carrot Easter Eggs are for display – not just for play! I started with some pink ceramic eggs I have used in previous years, but didn’t plan to incorporate this year. You could start with something similar, or with paper mache or other decorative eggs. Anything that can be painted!
What you’ll need:
- Americana Chalky Finish Paint in Heritage
- Green felt
- Glue gun/glue
And the steps:
- I simply painted my ceramic eggs with the amazing new line of Americana Chalky Finish paint in Heritage (a GREAT carrot orange)!
- While those dried, I cut one-inch strips of green felt.
- I then cut the felt strips into “fringe,” leaving the strip in tact at the bottom.
- I applied hot glue to the bottom of the strip, rolling the strip as I went along to create a “fringed” carrot top.
- I then glued that carrot top to the top of the Easter egg with more hot glue.
And the result – adorable and bright chalky finish Carrot Easter Eggs! I absolutely LOVE how they turned out…
So very fun and inviting. And the true test to every craft, I showed them to my boys and they yelled “CARROTS!” So I know that I got it right.
So what do YOU think of our DIY Carrot Easter Eggs? I’m excited to incorporate them into our Spring decor. Are you ready to make your own? OR take on a different Americana Chalky Finish Paint project?! Remember, if you want to pick up your own (and you DO), they’re available right now exclusively at Home Depot! Happy crafting!
If you like this project, check out this Carrot Kid Craft…
And these Carrot Inspired Easter Mason Jars!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.